Nepal recently earned the title of being the newest member in the group of countries sponsoring surrogacy programs in their premises. The facility arrived late but with all the facilities not just for married couples but for singles and gay also. This is a big relief for singles and gay community as a number of countries have banned surrogacy practices for gays in their country. Thus, the confirmation of surrogacy for gay community is much more than a relief for them. This has offered them a ray of hope for starting their own family with the help of surrogacy.
Surrogacy – The Basics
Surrogacy is the practice of carrying a child by a surrogate mother for intended parent in case when the mother has a fertility issue. Surrogacy made its mark long back in world map; however, the process took some time to get introduced in the suburbs of Nepal. Surrogacy came into being as an effective method for parents who are facing fertility issues but unable to conceive naturally. With surrogacy these parents can fulfill their dreams of having their own biological child of course born with a surrogate.
Surrogacy clinic Nepal offers the services in two distinctive modes. A number of parents turn towards gestational surrogacy as the child born through surrogate with this procedure is biologically related to intended parents. However, with the natural fertility issues the actual mother does not conceive and thus a surrogate is being chosen to offer her services. Gestational surrogacy starts by inseminating surrogate with the eggs cultured in the lab by taking them from original parents. Eggs are fertilized with IVF procedure known as In vitro fertilization. The eggs are taken from the womb of biological mother and sperm from the intended father. These eggs taken from both of the parents are then cultured in after which they are inseminated in the womb of the surrogate. The IVF procedure is very important to take place in a manner that it cultures the egg. It may take three to five days for eggs to get fertilized. After fertilization takes successfully eggs are then implanted in the womb of the surrogate.
Another procedure in the type of surrogacy comes as traditional surrogacy. In this procedure the women gets pregnant through artificial insemination or IVF techniques that are explained further. In gestational surrogacy, the surrogate is the biological mother of the child. This is one of the reasons due to which couples avoid taking up this procedure. The surrogate gets pregnant with her own eggs that are fertilized with the sperm from the intended father. As the surrogate offers her own egg and she is also related genetically to the child, intended parents do not wish to opt for this procedure.
IVF in Nepal
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a procedure in which eggs and sperm are taken from the couple and are incubated together in a dish in a laboratory to produce an embryo. A health care provider places the embryo into the woman's uterus, where it implants and results in a successful pregnancy. IVF process in Nepal is still in its budding phase; however, meeting up equally with the increased demands of surrogacy issues of foreigners coming to the beautiful valley of Nepal. In vitro fertilization includes the following procedure:
Egg Stimulation (step-by-step procedure)
Stimulation of egg maturation:
Ovulation induction is the actually term meaning stimulation of egg. The process is an artificial attempt (with the help of medicines) to increase the stimulation of ovaries to make many mature eggs at a single time. The medicines are given through injection for a period of eight to fourteen days. A health care provider closely monitors the development of the eggs using transvaginal ultrasound. Blood is drawn frequently to assess estrogen production by the ovaries.
The process takes place to remove the eggs from the ovaries so they can be fertilized with artificial means. The intended mother will be taken to physician’s office and the procedure will take place on outpatient’s basis. The procedure will be started with a mild sedation to make the patient go under the effect of the same. Painkillers will be offered to the lady to calm her pain. The procedure will normally take half an hour or sometimes more to perform it successfully.
This is a procedure for a person to provide his semen samples. The semen is considered only if they are healthy. They are placed in a dish with the egg and left overnight in an incubator. Fertilization usually occurs on its own. However, sometimes sperm are not able to fertilize the egg on their own and thus sometimes artificial methods can be opted for the same.
Transferring of embryo to the womb of surrogate is termed as embryo transfer. This procedure is performed in a physician's office. The procedure is normally painless, but some women may experience cramping. The procedure lasts for couples of hours depending upon the complexity of procedure.
Which program is right for you?
- Surrogacy with Own Egg: the procedure suits ideally to those who wish to have a biological child of their own. Surrogacy with own eggs is of course a money saving method as it saves the cash to be spent on the eggs of a donor. With the facility of surrogacy with own egg, you can save money as egg donor compensation as well as on egg donor agency fee. This can save up to $ 15,000 to $ 20,000. Some parents would like to make their child aware of the egg donor and in this case, making a family member or a friend an egg donor will become an ideal move. Having such a person as your egg donor besides you will always suit you. Having your friend or family member as an egg donor will offer you an ideal situation for the same. Offering your egg as a donor egg may decrease your chance of success rate if you are more than 30 years of age. Donating egg at a later stage of life losses its capacity of fertilizing and ultimately success decreases. However, money saved by utilizing your egg can be spent on the attempts of making pregnancy chances increased to greater extents.
- Surrogacy with an egg donor: Choosing your egg donor offers you a greater opportunity to increase the chance of pregnancy by choosing a surrogacy who is less than 30 years of age. It has been researched than using egg of surrogates less than 30 or 35 years of age results in live pregnancy by over 60%. Women having age of 35-37 have a pregnancy chances of 37%, on the other hand, women in the age group of 38-40 years have 28% chances of offering a live pregnancy as a surrogate. 16% chances are there for women in the age group 41-42. Women in the age group of 43-44 years of age have a success rate of 6%. Thus, we can say than lower the age higher is the chances of pregnancy. On the other hand, women at latter stages of life can face difficulties if chooses to be the surrogate.
Some of the benefits of working with an egg donor are as follows:
- There is a chance of choosing selecting characteristic such as ethnicity, education, intelligence, physical attributes and geographic location when you choose to select an egg donor from the pool of surrogates.
- Egg donation from an anonymous makes a comfortable distance between the egg donor and the intended parents. This can be a very important consideration for some of the parents approaching surrogacy for the very first time.
- Static on previous egg donation, such as number of egg retrieved, and the number of embryo created as well as pregnancy and birth rate can also be indentified when chose the path to go for surrogacy with a donor egg.
Arrival in Nepal for Surrogacy Sessions
- 1st stage: this is the very first stage of the IVF wherein the mother is explained about the procedure and the process she will get into. The intended mother is prescribed special medication so that fertility can be improved. Improved fertility can easily offer a chance to collect more eggs. Some eggs might fail to fertilize and thus, it is important to have more eggs so that fertility can be done.
- 2nd stage- the eggs produced inside woman’s body is then removed out by using a hollow needle that is passed through the cavity of the pelvis. This process can turn out to be much painful for the female taking part in the procedure. The pain might remain for a week or more. However, it is just a normal sign and females need not be worried about it.
- 3rd stage- insemination is the next stage in this procedure, which basically means to fertilize the egg in the laboratory. This fertilization is monitored closely to make sure the process is going on well.
- 4th stage- after the egg is fertilized it is then placed into the womb of the intended or surrogate mother. Surrogate mothers can easily be hired by paying them the surrogacy cost. This cost in India is affordable when compared with the cost in foreign countries.
- 5th stage- the women is then allowed to take rest and look out for the early signs of pregnancy. The pregnancy is confirmed by a blood test following with an ultrasound.
Staying In Kathmandu for Surrogacy Purposes
- The hotels in the Kathmandu are rated from two starts to a five star range. Depending upon your financial arrangement, you can choose one as per your preference.
- The best thing about these hotels is that online booking is available there and thus bookings can easily be done from overseas.
- The hotels offer you food, lodging and other facilities that include both traditional, continental and other food items as per the demand of the clients.
- The food can be order anytime as the room service facilities are available 24*7 for clients.
Arrival in Kathmandu
- Any foreigner can enter into suburbs of Nepal either with a non-immigrant visa for staying temporary or with an immigrant visa for temporary stay.
- The visas must have authorized permission for the person to enter into the state. The time of the extension can be extended as per the requirement.